I wear a lot of hats during the day. I am a publisher, a wife, a dog owner, a networker, a writer, a entrepreneur, and daughter. I know you are saying, we all wear many hats so what? Well, sometimes I feel so overwhelmed because I have a to-do list a mile long and hardly anything with a line through it. I like to be organized and things run smoothly in the perfect world. But I realized five years ago when I became a entrepreneur I needed a system.
I wanted to share with you what I do to keep myself from being overwhelmed and overextended most of the time. I do admit I’m still working on my system. These may not work for you but for me they help.
1. I keep an on-going T0-Do list. I then pull each day what I have to do for that day.
2. I use a journal that I keep notes, meetings, ideas and any information in one place.
3. I am learning to say no, even though I feel guilty sometime. Because I do spread myself too thin at times.
4. I create systems for each major activity I have to do. For example, I have a system for my chair position with the PR committee of my networking group. I know what has to be done and when. This has helped me stay focused and on task. I created a system for this 30 day blogathon by having a editorial calendar that lets me know what I will be writing to save time. I do admit I do make last minute changes.
5. I take some time to de-stress by doing my artwork, if only for a few hours. It helps me balance everything.
I know these are not new tips or ideas but I wanted to share after my day today. I got to improve some systems and create a new system in order for my life to stay as balanced as possible.
What systems do you use to take control of your life being business or personal?
Be Creative Everyday!